You might be thrilled with what you have accomplished in the past seven weeks.
You might be disappointed, because you feel you ‘should’ have done more.
Here’s what I want you to do.
Leave the computer. Go make a cuppa – tea, coffee, hot water… whatever floats your boat. Give yourself permission to have a Tim-Tam with it, if you really want to let your hair down. Then grab a notepad and pen.
Now take fifteen minutes to sit down and list ALL the things you’ve managed to get done over the past 7 weeks – writing, and all the other things that you had to do as well.
It’s a pretty big list, isn’t it?
You have to admit that you have managed to achieve one heck of a lot in seven weeks. You’re not a superhero – leastways, I don’t think you are – so you can be pretty pleased at getting it all done.
And there are still three weeks left!
Before you go back to your computer, there’s one thing left to do.
Decide on the most important thing you want to achieve in the next three weeks. BE REALISTIC. If you know you haven’t got a snowball’s chance in hell of finishing the book, then make your goal to finish the next three chapters, or scenes.
Told you this was a flexible challenge, didn’t I?
So far today I have:
- tested a product on DLGuard (it works! Yay!) and written a blog post on it here
- phoned a removalist and walked around the house with him while he gathered the info for his quote
- phoned the shop where I bought a new fridge and arranged to have it delivered to our new property
- patted Rob on the back while he negotiated various phone menus (“If you want to install a new service, press one. If you want to cancel a service, press two. If you….”) to get utilities installed at the new house
- stopped for a cup of coffee
- responded to comments on the 10-Week Writer’s Challenge blog
- started this post
For the rest of the day, I plan to transfer my other products to DLGuard and do some work on my next book for Kindle, and I want to put something up on the new Kindle site about the results of my Kindle promotion. Oh, and about some great books I found on Kindle.
So, guys… how are you all going????